2019 Briggs & Stratton 17 kW1 Standby Generator System (040337)
Call for Price
Briggs & Stratton
17 kW1 Standby Generator System (040337)
Keep your family safe, comfortable and free from the stress that comes with power outages, by providing your home with automatic backup power when you need it most.
- 5 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty: Our customer-friendly limited warranty is one of the most comprehensive in the industry. Offering a 5 year parts, labor & travel limited warranty.
- Commercial-Grade Engine: A commercial-grade Vanguard™ engine means powerful performance when it matters most.
- Durable Enclosure: Designed to weather the elements, the system's enclosure is made from automotive-grade Galvanneal steel to resist rust. Its advanced powder coat paint process results in years of protection against chips and abrasions.
- Flexible Placement3: Have a tight lot line? Worried about your curb appeal? Install your generator as close as 18" from your home. Our generators are in compliance with the stringent National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard.
- Superior Customer Support: Shopping for the right standby generator for your home can be confusing, but Briggs & Stratton will be with you every step of the way. Complete our web form below or visit the Customer Support portal to get your questions answered.
- Financing Solution: We have partnered with Synchrony to provide financing solutions that fit your needs. Special financing* is available on qualified Briggs & Stratton Standby Generators on the Briggs & Stratton Standby Power Credit Card.*Subject to credit approval Minimum monthly payments required.
- Model Number: 040337
- Running Watts (NG)*: 14,400
- Engine Series: Vanguard™
- Operation: Fully Automatic
- Running Amps (LP): 66.7
- Alternator Type: Computer Friendly
- NG Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load = 170 ft3 /hr
- Battery/Battery Charger: Yes
- Diagnostic Alerts with Remote System Status: Low Oil Shutdown, Engine Does Not Start, Low Frequency, Engine Overspeed, Low Voltage, Low Battery Voltage, Oil Temp High, Transfer Switch Fault
- Width (in): 34
- Weight (lbs): 484
- Running Watts (LP)*: 17,000
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Displacement (cc): 993
- Voltage (V): 120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf
- Running Amps (NG): 60
- LP Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load = 2.06 gal/hr
- Weekly Exerciser: Yes
- Overcrank Protection: Yes
- Length (in): 48
- Height (in): 31
- Warranty (Product)***: 5 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty
NOTES:This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators).Warranty details available at briggsandstratton.com.3Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws, regulations and provided installation manual. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. The installation manual contains specific instructions related to generator placement in addition to NFPA 37, including the requirement that Carbon monoxide detectors be installed and maintained in your home. *NG = Natural Gas; LP = Liquid Propane. **Fuel consumption rates are estimated based on normal operating conditions at 1/2 load. Generator operation may be greatly affected by elevation and the cycling operation of multiple electrical appliances - fuel flow rates may vary depending on these factors. ***See Operator's Manual for complete warranty details
- Engine Type
- 993 cc
- 48 in.
- 34 in.
- 31 in.
- 484 lb.
- AC Output
- 17,000W (LP)